Hi there!

We're all a little mad here!

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

April Day 2

It's day 2 of Effy Wild's Artfully Wild Blog Along challenge.  I thought I would share a page from my Quote Journal.  This is just a small Dylusions journal that I started a short while back that I'm using for my favorite quotes that make me happy.  Something that when I'm feeling blue, I can pick it up and look through it and feel better.

I plan to leave my Quote Journal to my granddaughter, Emmaline.  When I've filled the pages, I want to write a special message just to her.  This way, she'll always have a bit of me with her and hopefully she'll cherish it as much as I cherish her.  I want her to always remember our times together creating art.


The head is a digital stamp from Vera Lane Studios (you can find her on Etsy) and the body is just paper I collaged into arms and a body shape.  The background is various inks from Memento and the circles were lids I used like stamps.  I printed the quote from the computer, cut it up, and inked it.  I added my flowers and some Stickles and, voilà!  Oh, and the head was colored with Prismacolor pencils.

This time of year, when the flowers start blooming, it always lifts my spirit and makes me happier.  There is a lot of truth to this quote!  I hope you have a wonderful day!  Thanks for stopping by!


peace and love,
leadonna
<3



3 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea to make this for your granddaughter.

    I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and meaningful gift for your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The image caught my attention - it's beautiful. What a wonderful idea to create the quote journal and leave it to your granddaughter - she will cherish it!

    ReplyDelete