Hi there!

We're all a little mad here!

Thursday, April 4, 2019

April Day 4

It's a beautiful spring day here in North Carolina!  It's going to be in the mid 70's today and that makes me incredibly happy!  I plan to sit in the sun for a bit and soak up some natural vitamin D.  I need it after this past winter.  We've had a lot of rain here, far more than normal, and it has left me feeling drained. So, like the flowers popping up around me, I'm going to enjoy the sun and bloom a little!



This is from my Quote Journal.  (Did you know Jim Carrey paints?  He's really quite talented, a little out there at times, but, what else is new?)  This spread was super easy and fast.  I used Onyx Black Archival Ink and stamped the Stampendous Ranunculus Field stamp across the two pages to create my field of flowers.  Next I simply used my Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors to paint the page.  I printed out my quote, cut it up and inked the edges with some Memento Lady Bug Ink and glued them on.  Easy peasy!

Thanks for stopping by!

peace and love,
leadonna

4 comments:

  1. Ranunculus IS my favorite blooming flower! I love your spread. Now I am inspired to use the flower in my art more! I did know that Jim Carrey painted, I saw in talking all about it on a show one day, and I remember being STUNNED and DROOLING over all the expensive paints he had in his studio. I like that he gets a little weird and makes me uncomfortable, I love art that does that to me. I love your spread. -Carmelita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea Jim Carrey painted, thats really cool. I love the painting and the quote too. I tend to really enjoy the warmth of the sun after winter, its especially lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful journal page.
    I remember seeing a youtube video about Jim painting, I was astonished. He is a fabulous artist. A little out there, but I think that is what I love about his work.

    ReplyDelete