Hi there!

We're all a little mad here!

Sunday, April 7, 2019

April Day 7

I've procrastinated with my post for today.  I've mulled it around all afternoon and even more this evening.  I was reading about Jane Austen this afternoon after watching Becoming Jane for the umpteenth time on Netflix.  I really thought about how difficult it must have been to have lived in her lifetime.  How hard it would be to love someone but not be allowed to marry merely because of financial circumstances.

I'm so glad we don't live within those constrictions nowadays.  My heart breaks for her each time I watch the movie and know that she was never allowed to marry her true love.  Obviously it never hurt her writing skills!  If anything, her broken heart probably helped her write her books.  I just wish she could have had her happy ending with Mr. Tom LeFroy.  I love a happy ending.  Any other Jane-ites out there?


peace and love,
leadonna


5 comments:

  1. Oh I need to check this movie out. Netflix has so many treasures. I'm a Jane Austen fan too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here here for progress, I love pieces of that time, but not that one. I'm happy I am free to be with who I want, in however way that suits me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to watch the movie. I don't know how I missed it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane is on my list of authors to read. I watched a series several years ago about a young modern woman who was transported into the novel "Pride and Prejudice". It was called "Lost in Austen". I really enjoyed the series, I might watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true....her pain carried such beautiful things to the world.

    ReplyDelete