Hi there!

We're all a little mad here!

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

April Day 3

Today I feel like sharing a simple little painting I did of the Bode Island Lighthouse.  I love the beach.  I feel so at peace there, like each wave is coming for a worry and taking it away.  The fresh smell of the salty air cleanses my soul.  The breeze whips my hair into a tangled mess and causes my baby hairs to curl into little tendrils around my face.  The sun warms my skin and removes all of the winter chill I dislike so much.  The sand between my toes alternates between warm and cool as I push my feet deeper digging a little hole.

When I look at this little painting, these are all of the feels that wash over me like a wave.  No, there's no actual beach shown.  No, you don't see the water.  Still, I know it's there.  I know what's on the other side of that marsh.  I've felt that sand and that breeze and that sun.  I've watched that water.  Isn't it amazing that one little painting can bring back so many wonderful feelings?  Isn't that why we create art?  To share our feelings.  To show the world visually what we can't always say with words.  Or maybe just to reminds ourselves of a beautiful experience or feeling, even if we don't share it with others.


I know it's not perfect but it reminds me of a perfect place and that's all that matters.   Maybe it will warm you up a little too!  Have a wonderful day!

peace and love,
leadonna

3 comments:

  1. Such peacefulness with your painting. I love it. And I love your descriptions of being on the beach. My toes tingled when I read about the sand alternating warm and cool between your toes. Oh I had forgotten that! How true. Thank you for taking me with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lighthouses. I had a small collection at one time. Maybe I'll start one again someday.

    Your painting is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your art produces memories and feelings. You ask "Isn't that why we make art?" Yes, the touching of that internal place within the viewer that releases their sensory flood and warms their world. Such is the gift of Art.

    ReplyDelete